The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also referred to as “LDS” or “Mormons,” contains many false teachings and doctrines. Their foundational beliefs deny the deity of Christ; this puts the Mormons squarely at opposition with Holy Scripture.
Frankly, the very fact that they deny the deity of Christ should make you stop right there and ignore their teachings; but many seem to continue to toy around with their teachings, trying to make them appear valid. If a group/cult denies the deity of Christ, what more do you need to know? Mormonism is not Christianity; it is simply yet another false religion (Babylon) that hides behind a thin veneer of pretend Christianity and uses the name of Jesus Christ in its own church name – while actually endorsing, believing and promoting a set of man-made teachings, myths and rituals.
- Baptism for the dead (vicarious baptism),
- Jesus is an angel, the brother of Satan (but not God),
- We can all become “Gods” ourselves,
- False prophets and prophecy with “special revelations” from God,
- False books added to the Holy Bible,
- That they are “lost tribe” of Israel,
- God is not eternal,
- They deny the virgin birth of Jesus Christ,
- Jesus was a polygamist,
- Among others.
It is written:
To any who find themselves in this church, I pray that you will seek the truth of Scripture, and God’s truth, for yourself.